What do Skincare Specialists do?
Provide skincare treatments to face and body to enhance an individual's appearance. Includes electrologists and laser hair removal specialists.
- Sterilize equipment and clean work areas.
- Examine clients' skin, using magnifying lamps or visors when necessary, to evaluate skin condition and appearance.
- Cleanse clients' skin with water, creams, or lotions.
- Demonstrate how to clean and care for skin properly and recommend skin-care regimens.
- Select and apply cosmetic products such as creams, lotions, and tonics.
- Perform simple extractions to remove blackheads.
- Stay abreast of latest industry trends, products, research, and treatments.
- Determine which products or colors will improve clients' skin quality and appearance.
- Treat the facial skin to maintain and improve its appearance, using specialized techniques and products, such as peels and masks.
- Refer clients to medical personnel for treatment of serious skin problems.
- Remove body and facial hair by applying wax.
- Provide facial and body massages.
- Keep records of client needs and preferences and the services provided.
- Apply chemical peels to reduce fine lines and age spots.
- Advise clients about colors and types of makeup and instruct them in makeup application techniques.
- Collaborate with plastic surgeons and dermatologists to provide patients with preoperative and postoperative skin care.
- Sell makeup to clients.
- Tint eyelashes and eyebrows.
Related Jobs (Skincare Specialists)